- TEAM NONSUCH AT RIVERNOOK
Team Nonsuch took part in the Surrey Archery competition at Rivernook.
Saturday we enjoyed some glorious weather and shot a double WA 70 qualifying round and then head to head rounds in the afternoon – unfortunately we were all eliminated before the finals.
The Sunday shoot consisted of the full FITA WA1440 round, despite some appalling weather we all enjoyed the day & representing the club were:
Linda, Les, Amie, David, Richard, Jane & Harry.
Thanks also to the club members that turned up to wish us well in the afternoons: David, John, Martin, Nadine & Julie plus Barry& Maxine Holland , who were helping out at Rivernook on Saturday morning.
- Amie wins Spelthorn Barebow competition
Congratulations to Amie who won Spelthorn Barebow with a score of 694 and achieved a MB score and her third Master Bowman score to confirm the classification achievement.
Well done Amie !!
- Amie & Linda steal the show at Middlesex
Well done to Amie and Linda for last weekends competition shoot at Middlesex.
Amie had her sight set on achieving a MB score however went one further by achieving Grand Master Bowmen ! ! on both days.
Hereford on 29/05/16 scoring 772.
WA1440 on 30/05/16 scoring 888.
Amie and Linda then won the team event with a combined score of 1601 – Well done indeed.
- CSAA Indoor Champs successes
Massive congratulations to the Nonsuch archers who took home this tremendous haul of medals from the CSAA 2015 Indoor Championships …… 5 Bronze, 1 Silver, 7 Golds, 1 winners trophy, 1 winners Salver trophy.
Photo Credit: Linda Skeet
Results are as follows:
- Gents Recurve session C 1st winner: Harry Mckeown
- Gents Recurve County 1st winner & Salver Trophy: Harry Mckeown
- Gents Barebow county 3rd place: Chas Spencer
- Gents Compound County 3rd place: Martin Creasey*
- Gents Double Round Compound 3rd place: Martin Creasey*
- Gents Compound Pairs winners: Martin Creasey & Les Bashford (joint 3 way winners)
- Gents Longbow County 3rd place: Ian McLenaghan
- Ladies Barebow session B winner: Linda Skeet
- Ladies Barebow County overall Trophy: Linda Skeet
- Ladies Barebow Double Round overall winner: Linda Skeet (New county record claim)
- Junior Girls Recurve County 3rd place: Grace Simpson
- Female Handicap 48/71 2nd place: Grace Simpson
*one of these may actually be silver, formal results will confirm when available
- CSAA Field Championships
Quite a few of Nonsuch archers took part in the event – organiser John Pettet was helped in the planning by our field specialist Dave Morris, and the Lord Paramount was our very own Secretary (and Surrey President) Les Bashford. This must have spurred on a few of our archers, with some great results (full results on the CSAA website):
Paul Brewer: 1st place County Archer and 3rd overall, Gents Traditional
Linda Skeet: 3rd in County, Ladies Recurve (Linda would have been 1st in county Ladies Barebow if her bow had gone through the 10cm hoop!)
Jane Hodgson: 4th in County, Ladies Recurve
Sam Hodgson: 1st place, Gents U18 Compound UL
John Croft also shot in the Gents Longbow
Well done everyone, maybe this experience will get a few more of our archers having a try at Field next year.